2. History will look back on 2012 as the year when China anointed its "fifth generation" of leaders and shifted to a slower growth trajectory, writes Yukon Huang. This transition will take place against a backdrop of daunting internal challenges — increasing social unrest, widening income disparities and both ecological and man-made disasters — and of escalating external tensions, stemming from America's "pivot" to Asia and simmering regional worries about China's economic rise.
3. Although Guo has not given any timetable for her retirement, her announcement at December's East Asian Games about a possible one-year hiatus is a clear enough signal. From all evidence, her relationship with Fok seems to have entered another stage. Unless they truly believe that the Chinese lunar calendar warns against a "widow's year" in 2010, we might well see Miss Guo become Mrs Fok.
4. Yet there are similarities between the demagogic elements of the Brexit campaign and the rise of Mr Trump.
5. 时间：2010-03-31 编辑：vicki
6. The Norwegian Nobel Committee made the announcement Friday in Oslo, saying the three women will split the coveted award for "their nonviolent struggle for the safety of women and for women's rights."
1. In a close second was Changsha, capital of Hunan province, with growth of 4.5.
5. This is BBC Sherlock, so your Watson isn’t stupid. He's rather smart in his own way and insecure about his sexuality (probably straight).
6. Time Management
1. Plans to open 20,000 specialist football schools in 2017, aimed at training young players and cultivating talent, are part of the government's latest plan to advance China's ability to compete on the global pitch.
Guangzhou and Shenzhen, benefiting from balanced development, took first and second place respectively in the rankings. Hangzhou ranked third, owing to its technological advantages. Wuhan, which had achieved a good balance between development and costs, was in fourth place, followed by Nanjing with its quality culture and lifestyle.