4. "In ancient times, Kucha was called Qiuci in Chinese literature. It was a powerful city-state in the oasis of the Western Frontiers" the researchers wrote.
5. Phil Baty, editor of THE rankings, said: "China has introduced powerful policy drives, backed with serious funding, to produce world-class universities. In 2015, the country announced its excellence initiative, which aims to establish six of its universities in the leading group of global institutions by 2020."
6. 1.You Aren't Learning Anything New
1. The ‘one country, two systems’ principle needs to be steadfastly applied in Hong Kong without being bent or distorted.
2. 3. Deepika Padukone
3. The number of candidates for the 2016 national civil service exam has surpassed last year's numbers, with more than 132,000 applicants on Tuesday－the most in a single day－deemed qualified for the exam.
2. Concerns about China’s economy have recently dragged down global financial markets, affecting prospects for the eurozone and many others. Such worries are one reason why the European Central Bank is expected on Thursday to unleash a new round of economic stimulus.
3. “What happens if one of these Airbnb guests starts a fire?” asked Phyllis H. Weisberg, chairwoman of the Cooperative and Condominium Law Committee at the New York City Bar Association. “Who’s paying for that?”
4. adj. 勤奋的，用功的
5. The understandings are that winners never take all.
2. There is "credible evidence" Justin Bieber fathered a child after a backstage encounter with an older female fan, her lawyers have claimed. 一名女性的律师声称
3. I'm only a child yet I know if all the money spent on war was spent on ending poverty and finding environmental answers, what a wonderful place this earth would be! 我只是一个小孩，然而我知道，要是把花在战争上的钱，用在找寻环境问题答案上来，或用在结束贫穷并找到解决的方案上来，这个星球将是个多么美好的地方啊！
4. There are two divergent views of what is happening to the oil price ithin the industry and among serious investors. 2016 may help us to see which is correct.
Criminal gangs have been difficult to catch, however, because illegal meats are often hidden among other produce such as fruit and vegetables, and lorry drivers are often bribed to deny any knowledge of it.
According to the study, 75% of consumers are aware of wearable technology (whether as futuristic fashion or new-age tech tool), but only 9% actually have any interest in wearing it. A meager 2% admitted to owning a wearable tech device, most of which consist of fitness trackers and smart watches, according to the study.